Suicide bombing ! Is it as we are told a weapon of the religious fundamentalists who have sick minds and want to destroy the west? or is it a weapon of the extremely poor who have being reduced to acts of desperation in order to try break free of decades and is some cases century’s old internal and external oppression ? In the west it is the norm to associate suicide bombing as a weapon of the sick minded even when the poverty and oppression is obvious in the situation. We never for one second have the mainstream media investigate the possible links between suicide tactics and oppression and poverty! WHY ? is it because the mainstream media which is 90% privately owned wants the public to believe that the war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Palestine is necessary because these “terrorists” are so evil that they use suicide bombing to murder people, just so they can keep the interests of the western multi-national company’s who have economic interests in the middle east ?
Lets imagine America is an extremely poor and oppressed country with huge amounts of oil and poppy but the wealth of that huge amount of oil and poppy resources are going into the pockets of billionaire Afghans and Iraqis and the governments of various middle eastern country’s. So Americans being patriotic people rise up against this plundering of their resources by the Afghanis and Iraqis but Iraq and Afghanistan being the most powerful nations on earth decide to invade and destroy the infrastructure of America in order to keep their interests safe.
Would the American people who have gone generations under extreme poverty and oppression start using suicide tactics as a last resort to remove the torn of oppression or would they do the opposite and give up on the fight against oppression ? I am pretty sure Americans and all peoples would do the same thing.
These people have nothing else to fight with that is why they use the unfortunate and arguably wrong tactic of suicide bombing. In my judgement it is not a tool of the crazy and hateful it is a tool of the extremely poor and oppressed who have being forced to take desperate acts so there people can be free ! Give them an extremely rich economy and infrastructure and modern powerful armed force and I am sure they would fight the same way as the American armed forces. But most likely if they were rich nations with modern infrastructure and equal say in world affairs then the Wars wouldn’t be happening.
THANKS FOR READING
- At Least 13 Killed in Suspected Suicide Bombings in Dagestan (voanews.com)
- Suicide Bomb Attacks Follow President Obama’s Visit to Afghanistan (thelede.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Suicide bombing kills 16 near Afghan border (telegraph.co.uk)
- Suicide bombing kills 16 in Pakistan (telegraph.co.uk)
- Amb. Crocker: suicide truck bomb today was “tragic” but Kabul is “pretty normal” (cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com)
- Suicide bombing in Pakistani market kills 20 (dailystar.com.lb)
- The Syrian Uprising Is Starting To Adopt Some Familiar Tactics (businessinsider.com)
- Ceasefire Falters Again as 11 Killed in Damascus Suicide Bombing (news.antiwar.com)
- Bajaur suicide bombing toll rises to 15 (sehrnasir.wordpress.com)
- 20 Killed in Pakistan Suicide Bomb Blast (voanews.com)
- Islamist group claims Syria suicide bombing (dailystar.com.lb)
- NATO airstrike kills 6; 3 Western troops die in bombing (bangordailynews.com)
- 24 Killed in Pakistani Market Suicide Bombing (news.antiwar.com)
- Brother and sister blamed for Dagestan suicide bombing (vancouversun.com)
- Blow Me A State (ericpgranada1.wordpress.com)